Resize TextDecrease Text Increase Text Size PrintPrint This Page Share Facebook Share Twitter Share Share This

Main Content

Temporarily Unable to Work

* Also known as ComCare Short-to-Medium Term Assistance ComCare logo

Are you or your family member unable to find a job or work for a period of time and as a result, your household needs financial help for a temporary period?
ComCare may be able to help if you / your family member:

are looking for work or temporarily unable to work due to illness or have to care for children, elderly or other dependents

have a monthly household income of $1,900 and below or a per capita income of $650.

have little or no family support, savings or assets to rely on for your daily needs

are a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident (at least one immediate family member in the same household must be a Singapore Citizen)

You may receive:

Rental, utilities, service and conservancy charges, and/or transport vouchers

Monthly cash grant

Medical assistance

Employment assistance such as job search and/or training

The amount and duration of the assistance depend on many factors and will vary.
To apply:

  1. Go to your nearest Social Service Office (SSO) to find out more. Each SSO delivers ComCare financial assistance and links residents up with other forms of assistance they might need, for instance, employment assistance or family services. The CDC will help you find out if you are eligible for the assistance.
  2. You need to bring:
    • Your identity card
    • Identity card(s) of family member(s) within the same household, if applicable
    • Birth certificate(s) of children below 15 years old, if applicable
    • Marriage or divorce certificate
    • Latest payslip(s)
    • Letter of appointment (employment), if applicable
    • Recent CPF statement of account(s) with last 15 months contribution and transaction history of household
    • All updated Bank account passbook(s)/ statement(s)
    • Medical appointment card(s), if applicable
    • Doctor's memo certifying fitness for work, and duration of condition, if applicable
    • Latest Town Council Statement
    • HDB Book (For rental flats)
    • Latest Power Supply bill
    • Prison's Visitor Card, if applicable
    • Documents on assistance received from other organisation(s), if applicable
    • Any other supporting documents

More Questions? Contact Us

ComCare Call 1800 222 0000 Email comcare@mcys, Email

Visit your CDC Visit your Social Service Office (SSO)

Other Assistance for those who are unable to work

Permanently Unable to Work >>

Explore ComCare

Find The Assistance You Need >>
Learn More About ComCare >>
Other Resources and Publications >>

DATE PUBLISHED: Monday, February 06, 2012
LAST REVIEWED: Tuesday, June 12, 2012
© 2012, Government of Singapore